Sunday, November 1, 2009

Buena Vista Trail

Buena Vista Trail, with some of us adding the Old Pueblo Trail loop back to the San Ysidro Trail, some taking the Wiman Trail back to the car.

First day of non-daylight savings time, in addition to a late start, but it wasn't too hot. Gorgeous clear views.

There was an especially cool section where vines covered the trees and shrubs in the creek bed below the trail so it looked like an abandoned topiary garden. Maybe wild cucumber?


Amy, Barbara, Barry, Chryss, George, Patrick

2 comments:

  1. the leaf shape looks right, but I think the vines have purple stems(vines?).. but I'm not positive. I also think the leaves are a bit smaller.

    another note, I think Nigel should be added to the list of hikers... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was too hot if you wore jeans. But what kind of rube hiker would do that?

    ReplyDelete